Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our new arrival

We finally had our third baby! It turned out Janeen was right--it was a baby girl. We named her Kenzie Eldredge (I know no middle name, that was Josh). She weighted 8 lbs 14 oz and was 21 inches long. She was by far our biggest baby yet and hopefully the biggest if there are any future children. She made her grand enterance at 6:12 am on Oct 15. The labor nice and short--only two hours from the first contraction to her being born. My prayers were answered because we did make it to the hospital but of course not in time for any medication (I was already a 10 when we got there). The doctor did miss the delivery; he showed up about 5 minutes too late but the nurses did a great job. I think Josh had fun driving, he got to go 100 or so on the freeway. One of my sisters said she was glad I got to the hospital but it would have made a better story if I had had her in the car. If it is true that each additional labor gets shorter than it may be the case with the next one. Caden and Micaela love her and want to hold and touch her all the time. Micaela is having a harder time adjusting I think because she is getting into everything and knows just how to upset Josh and me. Here are some pictures of Kenzie and everyone else. Enjoy!















8 comments:

The Murdocks said...

So is sooo cute! And big!! Aaron says "she's a whopper!" I can't believe that you had another baby and we didn't even know you were pregnant! By the way...we have a blog too...it is natalieandaaronmurdock.blogspot.com

Elise said...

She is very cute!! I was hoping to see pictures up on your blog.

Schuyler said...

YAY! Congratulations. She's a keeper! I hope you're feeling good and that you're having fun with your new little arrival!!

R and R said...

Congratulations! I am glad the pictures finally made it to the computer!

Unknown said...

She's so beatiful! Love the pic with her eyes opened. Aah! I hope you are doing well!

Miffany said...

She's so cute! You guys make the most beautiful babies! We're so glad you made it to the hospital on time!

Cami said...

She is adorable. Yes, I am the one who thought it would make a better story delivering her on the highway...however, I am glad you made it to the hospital. Hopefully, I will get to see her in person soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. She is adorable. Congratulations guys. I hope ours is as cute as she is.